What is Microblading?
Eyebrows are the frame of your face and perfectly shaped eyebrows provide symmetry to the face. If you have little or no hair, over plucked, very light hair or hair that is sparse or missing this procedure will fill in the gaps and make your eyebrows appear defined, natural and beautiful and you will be amazed at the difference.
Microblading technique (hair by hair strokes) will give you that most natural look you have been searching for. The process draws small individual hairs onto the skin that look like hair strokes that blend in with your natural eyebrows.
Microblading is a form of permanent eyebrow makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows. Although microblading is considered a form of eyebrow tattooing, the difference is that that every hair stroke is drawn by the artist with a handheld microblade. Each stroke is manually shaped and blended into the client’s existing eyebrow hair which results in natural, beautiful eyebrows.
What to Expect
The Microblading procedure typically requires two appointments.
In the first appointment our artists consult with you to determine your facial profile and preferences for eyebrow shape and colour.
The Artist then takes accurate measurements of your facial features using specialised eyebrow measuring tools. Your eyebrows are then drawn on with a waterproof pencil so that you and our artist can agree on the look of your eyebrow shape before proceeding. The artist then proceeds to create your eyebrows with your chosen shape and colour.
There is some mild scabbing and aftercare required using Oleogel and instructions for aftercare will be provided. The eyebrows typically heal completely within 10-15 days.
The perfecting second appointment is a follow up appointment that is booked at the end of your first session. It is a “touch up” of the eyebrows that is done approximately 6 weeks after the first session.
This allows time for eyebrows to heal and the ink colour to settle into your skin. This appointment allows the Artist to see how well the colour has settled into your skin and make any additions, or touch ups that may be required.
Pre Procedure Advice:
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen 2 days before and after the procedure.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment.
- A patch test maybe performed in some cases
- If you suffer from any allergies advise the therapist . Some clients can be allergic to the pigment that is placed in their skin.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis/shave/tread/tint your eyebrows one week before procedure.
Immediately after the treatment eyebrows and eyeliner will be tender, colour will be appear much darker than the one you have chosen during the consultation. As the skin flacks off the colour will be reduced by 20-40%. Please do not worry at this stage as we can alter the colour and shape on your perfecting visit.
- Apply Oleogel 4 times daily for 7-10 days. Before showering or washing your face apply a thick layer of Oleogel that barriers the tattooed area.
- Prevent cross-contamination as the eyebrow heals. Hygiene is important. Do not touch tattooed area with your hands. (always wash your hands before applying Oleogel and use a clean cotton bud), Personal hygiene is very important to avoid any possible infection.
- In between each application, slightly wipe off old product before applying next application. (ensure ear bud is dry and clean)
- Itchiness and exfoliation is normal and part of healing process DO NOT PICK ,PEEL OR SCRATCH the area or colour may heal unevenly and you risk scarring and infection. Allow the wound to flake on it’s own.
- Do not exercise or swim for 48 hours and do not swim in salt or chlorinated water, no spa, sauna and Jacuzzis for 2 weeks.
- Do not wear make up over tattooed area and no make up removal/cleanser is to be used for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and sunscreen is advised to prevent fading and oxidising the ink.
- Please do not worry if you lose colour, it will be 2- 3 weeks before the true colour appears.
- For some clients the colour is perfect, for others it may be too light or patchy in some areas.
- If this happens we are able to adjust the shape and colour at your next visit.